This simple Roasted Cherry Tomatoes recipe (or grape tomatoes) is easy to do but so flavourful! Serve with crusty bread and creamy cheese for a delicious appetizer or over top pasta for a wonderful meal!
I love simple recipes that feature just a handful of ingredients. This roasted cherry tomatoes recipe is easily one of my favourites too.
These roasted tomatoes are an amazing way to celebrate cherry and grape tomato season but since these tiny tomatoes are available at the grocery store year-round, it can easily be enjoyed anytime!
Roasting vegetables brings out the best flavours from them. Since tomatoes are technically a fruit, I’m going to go ahead and say the same can be said about fruit too. While roasting, the cherry tomatoes burst and caramelize, making them utterly irresistible.
Oh, and did I mention you only need a few ingredients and 5 minutes of hands on time?
Ingredients for Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Cherry tomatoes (can also use grape tomatoes)
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs (basil or thyme work well)
- Salt and pepper
How do you roast cherry tomatoes?
The instructions for making this dish really could not be easier!
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a casserole dish, add all ingredients and toss together.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
That is it! See, I told you it was simple!
How to serve roasted cherry tomatoes
My favourite ways to enjoy these tomatoes are:
- served with crusty bread for an appetizer (mozzarella, brie or burrata also go well with this)
- served over top of pasta (just top your favourite pasta with these tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese- I like feta)
- Use as a topping over baked brie
- serve over creamy polenta and drizzle with balsamic glaze
- Served over Whipped Feta for a delicious dip!
There are so many other ways to enjoy this recipe though so have fun!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
You may also like these other roasted vegetable recipes:
Roasted Sugar Snap Peas
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Simple Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (basil or thyme work well)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a casserole dish, add all ingredients and toss together. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes.