This Sweet Chili Chicken Noodle Bowl is an easy, flavourful meal! It’s sweet and spicy with a fresh citrus burst from lime. So good!
This Sweet Chili Chicken & Noodle Bowl is really an extension of my Thai Sweet Chili Chicken recipe. We are obsessed with this chicken and make it fairly often. Its simple and flavourful and hits the spot!
The chicken goes so well with both rice and noodles but we found that lately, we have been tossing the chicken (and sauce) with noodles and devouring the noodle bowl!
I thought, I’d post the recipe here so that you could enjoy it this way too! While I didn’t include any veggies in this recipe, I highly recommend you add your favourites to the dish to make it a well-rounded all-in-one dinner!
Veggie options for this Sweet Chili Chicken & Noodle Bowl
There are so many veggie options that work really well with this dish so you really can’t go wrong. Some of our favourites are:
- sliced red bell pepper
- matchstick or thinly sliced carrots
- snap peas
- green beans
When to add the veggies?
It depends on the type of veggie you are adding to the dish. For broccoli and broccolini, I add them to the noodles as they are boiling.
For carrots, peppers, snap peas, and green beans, I saute them with a bit of oil in a pan to cook them to the desired tenderness. You can do this in your saute pan and then set them aside before you cook the chicken in the pan.
At the end, when you are tossing the noodles in the sauce, throw in your veggies too and get them nice and sauced up!
Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do!
You may also like:
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Shrimp Pad Thai
Sweet Chili Chicken & Noodle Bowl
- 1 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- juice of 2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 chicken breasts halved (making 4 cutlets)
- 350 g rice noodles (can sub soba noodles, linguine, or similar)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 green onion thinly sliced
- lime wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl or baking dish add the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, ground ginger, and lime juice and mix together to make the marinade. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the large bowl and toss in the marinade. Cover and let marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Add the reserved sauce to the noodles and toss together over medium-low heat. In a separate cup, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Add to the noodles and stir for 1 minute.
- Divide noodles into 4 bowls. Slice the chicken cutlets and place on top of the noodles in each bowl. Sprinkle each bowl with green onion and serve with lime slices.
Made this for dinner last night and it was amazing! Chicken had so much flavour!! Great dish and super easy to make!! Definitely will be making this again!!
It makes me so happy to hear that you tried it and liked it!! Thanks for sharing!
This was fantastic!! I added veggies–onion, carrots, broccoli, peas, red and green peppers. Such great flavor, just like the restaurant downtown!!
I am so happy you liked it!