This Thai Sweet Chili Chicken is a little sweet and a little spicy with a fresh citrus burst from lime. Serve over rice or noodles with extra sweet chili sauce for an easy, delicious weeknight meal!
If you like a sweet and spicy combo, this dish is definitely for you! While I can’t say that I am a huge fan of spicy food and can’t handle too much of it, I truly love this dish. Its not too spicy but has just enough kick.
This recipe is easy enough to put together on a weeknight and super yummy too. It doesn’t take long at all to cook which is always a plus.
You don’t need much to make this dish and if you are a fan of cooking Asian food at home, you likely have everything you need at home.
You can use store-bought sweet chili sauce but I like to make my own. Click here for my recipe for homemade sweet chili sauce. It’s even better than anything our of a jar and doesn’t take long to make either!
What you’ll need to make Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
Well, other than the ingredients in the name of this dish (sweet chili sauce and chicken), the list of ingredients is pretty short. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- chicken (2 chicken breasts, halved or 4 chicken cutlets)
- sweet chili sauce
- soy sauce
- ground ginger (or fresh)
- green onion
Could I use a different cut of chicken?
Yes. You can definetely sub in different cuts but you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. As the marinade will start to burn if left in the pan for too long, if you are cooking a thicker cut of chicken, I would recommend baking it in the oven instead.
Another option is to chop the chicken breast into bite sized pieces and stir fry them in the pan. They will cook even faster and you can add veggies (and extra sauce) and serve it as a stir-fry over rice of noodles.
You may also like these chicken recipes:
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 chicken breasts halved (making 4 cutlets)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- lime wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl or baking dish add the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, ground ginger, and lime juice and mix together to make the marinade. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the large bowl and toss in the marinade. Cover and let marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken over rice or noodles, sprinkling with green onion and a drizzle (or as much as desired) of the reserved marinade. Serve with lime wedges.