This satisfying Cheesy Beef & Noodle Casserole is easy to make with simple staple ingredients. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner that will appeal to the whole family!
If you are looking for a satisfying family meal that is easy to do, look no further! This super simple casserole is an easy way to get dinner on the table. I love it and turn to this recipe often as it uses ingredients I almost always have on hand.
I am also a sucker for noodle dishes (no surprise there for anyone who knows me). It is super satisfying and oh-so-yummy! Both my husband and I love this dish.
The best part? It feeds a crowd! Also awesome? Since there are only 2 of us in our household, that means lots of leftovers! And I am all for that! Minimal work and multiple meals? Yes, thank you!
If you are a fan of bolognese or meat sauce over your noods, than this dish is right up your alley. It essentially includes a flavourful meat sauce tosses with noodles and veggies. Than, the best part, it is all baked together with melty cheese on top. Easily my favourite part of the casserole.
How to make Cheesy Beef & Noodle Casserole
Making this dish is really easy to do. To begin, I start by getting my noodles boiling.
While they are doing their thing, I heat olive oil in a skillet and begin to saute the beef. After a few minutes of cooking I add the onion so that it can cook along with the beef. After about 5 minutes of cooking, the onion is soft and the beef is cooked through. Then I add the sauce, seasonings and frozen veggies.
You can use fresh veggies too. If you are, I would recommend cutting them into small pieces first. Then, if you are including any tougher veggies like carrots, add them when you are sauteeing the beef and onion to give them more time to cook and soften.
Once the noodles are cooked, I drain them, place them back into the pot and add the beef sauce. I toss it all together and then add it to a baking dish. You can use a 9×13 baking dish or something similar. I think the dish I use is 11×11 or 12×12 but anything close to that works.
Sprinkle it with the cheese (about 2 1/2 cups) and then pop it in the oven until the cheesy gets all melty and gooey. Perfection!
That is pretty much it! All in all, its a pretty easy dish but one that is satisfying and delicious! Bon appetit!
You may also like:
Cheesy Beef & Noodle Casserole
- 340 g egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables (or chopped fresh vegetables)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet and add the beef. Cook, breaking up the meat to prevent clumping for about 3-4 minutes. Add the chopped onion and continue to cook until for about 5 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the onion has softened.
- Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and the frozen veggies. Bring to a simmer and let everything cook for about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Drain the noodles and return to the pot. Add the beef mixture and stir everything together. Pout into a 9×13 baking dish or similar. Top with grated cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.