Delicious breaded drumsticks that are baked not fried! These Parmesan Baked Chicken Drumsticks are perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
Growing up, my sister and I would beam when my mom would break out a box of pre-seasoned breading! You know the ones. The mixes you add to a Ziploc bag with your chicken and shake it to coat your chicken. We knew dinner was going to be good and were not disappointed! What’s not to love about breaded chicken?
Does anyone else remember those seasoning packets? Would you eagerly volunteer to shake up the bag with the seasoning? Just me? It sounds lame but I loved getting in the kitchen and helping my mom with this dish cause it was so darn fun.
It has been my mission for some time to come up with a baked breaded chicken recipe that tasted just as good as the ones I remember. This one delivers and then some! I mean, not only is it breaded, but there is also Parmesan cheese in the coating. How can that NOT be better?!
The ingredients for these Baked Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks are fresh resulting in a chicken loaded with flavour. And just like those packets we used to buy, it is just as fun to make. Place it all in a bag and shake it up! What better way to get the kids involved with making dinner than to let them do the fun stuff!
Why you should make Baked Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks:
- This recipe is very easy to make.
- You likely have everything you need already.
- This nostalgic recipe is reminiscent of shake n bake chicken.
- The chicken is baked, not fried which is definitely a healthier way to have breaded chicken!
- The whole family will love this. I haven’t met anyone who didn’t enjoy this recipe!
- It’s delicious!
Ingredients for Baked Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken drumsticks: This recipe uses 9 drumsticks but this can easily be adjusted to suit your needs.
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried herbs and seasonings: parsley flakes, oregano, onion powder, paprika.
How to make Baked Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
1. To make the drumsticks, drizzle the chicken with olive oil and massage it in to coat them evenly.
2. Then toss the seasoning ingredients in a ziploc bag and mix them together.
3. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Then shake to coat them evenly.
4. Arrange them on a baking sheet and pop them into the oven until they are cooked through (flip halfway through cooking).
So easy right? The best part is, this is one of those dishes that pleases kids and adults alike. Perfect for a family dinner!
What to serve with this chicken recipe:
The beauty of these breaded drumsticks is that they go with so many different side dishes! I love serving these with a nice, fresh salad, veggies, and either a rice, potato, or pasta side. Below are some of my favourites:
- Salads: Greek Salad, Mediterranean Couscous Salad or Healthy Caesar Salad.
- Veggies: Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, Roasted Sugar Snap Peas, Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan, Zucchini Fritters.
- Potato: Creamy Whipped Potatoes, Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato, Crispy Air Fryer Greek Potatoes.
- Pasta: Creamy Orzo with Zucchini, Creamy Pesto Pasta
- Rice: Perfect Baked Rice or Baked Coconut Rice
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
You may also like:
Baked Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
- 9 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set a baking rack on top of the baking sheet, if you have one.
- Place drumsticks in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Massage oil onto each drumstick to coat.
- In a large Ziploc bag add the remaining ingredients, mixing to combine.
- Place drumsticks in the Ziploc bag and seal closed. Shake bag to evenly coat the drumsticks.
- Arrange drumsticks on the baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through. If you are not using a baking rack, be sure to flip drumsticks halfway through cooking process.