These Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken Drumsticks are so good and so easy to put together! Have a delicious dinner on the table using only 5 ingredients! This recipe is easy to do and makes a nice weeknight meal.
Its been a week, people. Its only Wednesday as I write this and its already been a week. I am ready for next week to get here already!
It seems like the universe has conspired to throw things at me this week. Appointments, errands, and problems are popping up left and right it seems.
While I am a food blogger and a homecook who absolutely loves being in the kitchen, today and for the foreseeable future I am on strike unless the work is minimal.
Easy, simple recipes that don’t require me standing over the stove watching a pot are the only things I will consider. This recipe is one of those recipes. Simple ingredients that I already have on hand. Just 5 of them too. A quick marinade and then into the oven to take care of themselves.
Delicious, flavourful chicken is only 5 ingredients away, folks! The best part is, my husband was licking his fingers and Mmmm-ing all through dinner. So was I, to be honest. Now thats a win!
This is one of those recipes that is great to keep in your back pocket! Something you can easily whip up and have on the dinner table without a fuss.
Making Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken Drumsticks
There are only 5 ingredients for this dish and one optional one that I use only if I have it handy:
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary or basil.
- I add it if I have it on hand and leave it out if I don’t. The herbs add more fresh flavour but the recipe is lovely without it as well.
What to do:
To make this, I mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a bowl and add the chicken to the bowl. I massage it into the chicken and let it marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Then I transfer it to a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake it for 35 minutes at 400F.
You may also like:
Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add drumsticks and massage mixture onto them, ensuring good coverage. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.