Make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice at home to use throughout fall and winter! This mix incorporates warm spices to make all sorts of fall baked goods!
Its no secret that I live for Fall! I was born in October and so maybe I am biased, but I think it is the best season of the year! The weather is lovely – crisp and cool. Not too hot and not too cold. Just right. The changing leaves are stunning and the cozy sweaters so comforting.
Add to that all the baked goodies which evoke all the cozy feels! I live for those!
Many of the fall themed desserts I make use pumpkin pie spice. We use it often during this season including in our breakfasts (Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola, Pumpkin Spice Waffles, and Homemade Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Coffee are a few of our favourites). So it makes sense to make our own pumpkin pie spice at home and have a good supply on hand for the season.
Why you should make your own homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- It’s economical. Making this spice mix using the spices you already have in your pantry is much more economical than spending on a small jar of this prepared spice mix from the grocery store.
- You can make it in bulk. Those small containers of spice mix from the store aren’t enough to get me through the season.
- You can adjust the spice mix to your own liking. While I shared the ingredient quantities I like for my pumpkin pie spice, when you are making it yourself, you have the freedom to adjust the ingredients to suit your own preferences.
Ingredients in Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin pie spice is made up of warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and a few others. You likely have everything you need in your pantry already and so whipping this up will be a cinch!
To make this spice mix, you will need:
- Ground ginger
- All Spice
- Ground cloves
All you have to do is place all the spices in a jar and mix well.
That’s it! Easy right? Once I realized how easy it was to make at home, I have never bought an expensive little jar of this spice mix again!
Where to use Pumpkin Pie Spice
This spice mix is so versatile and I truly use it often during the fall season! I have so many different recipes incorporating this mix including:
- Breakfasts (Homemade Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Coffee, Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola, Pumpkin Spice Waffles, Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Baked French Toast Casserole, Pumpkin Scones with Maple Glaze, Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins)
- Desserts (Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, Easy Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Streusel Bread, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies)
I hope you enjoy this money saving homemade recipe!
Looking to make more homemade spice mixes? Be sure to check out:
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all the spices in a jar.
- Mix well to combine.